Practice Areas

We are a Full Service Law Firm representing clients locally, nationwide and around the world with legal solutions. We are primarily known for our exceptional and successful results, and personalized individual attention in the areas of:






  • Family Mediation
  • Divorce
  • Child Sharing Agreements
  • Guardian ad Litem Services
  • Prenuptial Agreements
  • Same Sex Divorce
  • Same Sex Couple 2d Parent Adoptions

Go To Top


  • Intellectual Property (Trade Secret Law, Trademarks, Copyrights)
  • Contracts
  • Formation and Dissolution of Corporations, LLCs, Professional Associations and Partnerships
  • Partnership Agreements
  • Non-Compete Agreements
  • Residential and Commercial Property Leases
  • Landlord / Tenant Disputes
  • Evictions
  • General and Complex Commercial Litigation
  • Fraud and Misrepresentation
  • Regulatory Compliance

Go To Top


Citizenship and Naturalization

It is the flag just as much of the man who was naturalized yesterday as of the men whose people have been here many generations.


We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls.


Go To Top

Business Visas / Employment-Based Immigration

Temporary business visas, such as for academic conferences, business meetings, or to negotiate contracts.
Nonimmigrant “Trade” Visas for citizens of a country with which the US has entered into a treaty of commerce and who is coming to the US to engage in substantial trade between the US and the treaty country. A foreign business person and his/her family may work and live in the U.S. with this visa.
Nonimmigrant treaty investor visa is for a citizen of a country with which the US has entered into a treaty of commerce, who is coming to the US to develop and direct the operations of a US company in which the foreign entrepreneur has invested, or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital.
Immigrant visa is reserved to foreign nationals that make an investment of, under certain circumstances as little as $500,000, in a commercial enterprise that employs at least 10 full-time workers that are either US citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents. Investments can be made through an approved Regional Center or through a direct (independent) investment.
Nonimmigrant visa for entrepreneurs with a Bachelor Degree, advanced degree or a combination of education and experience that is the academic equivalent of a 4 year degree, that are coming to the US to perform services in a specialty occupation.
This visa classification is for individuals who may enter the US temporarily or change his/her status while already in the US to receive training that is not available in their home country. Must be invited the US company.
Visas may be appropriate if you own a foreign company and want to transfer yourself to a “related” U.S. branch office. It is intended for the intra-company transfer of an individual who owns or is employed for at least one (1) continuous year out of the last three (3) by an international firm or corporation, who seeks to enter the U.S. in order to continue to work for the same employer, subsidiary, affiliate or at a U.S. branch office. L-1 visas are for an executive, a manager (L-1A) or an employee with specialized knowledge (L-1B).
Allows foreign nationals with extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics to lawfully live and work in the US for a period of time. Requires that you achieve and maintain an impressive national or international reputation in your field.
Nonimmigrant classification and creation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) between the US, Canada and Mexico. It exists solely for the benefit of Canadian and Mexican citizens.

Go To Top

Family-Based Immigration

Visitor Visa. Non immigrant temporary visitor visa. (B-1 visas are temporary business visas).
Student visas
I-130, I-485 and DS-230
Marriage Residency / Green Card
Family Residency / Green Card
Spouse Visas
Parent and Sibling Visas
Visas for children residing overseas
J-1 or J-2
nonimmigrant visa classification is for exchange visitors who come to the US to participate in an exchange visitor program administered by the US Department of Justice. There are different programs within the J category, including college or university students; scholars; trainees, secondary school students; professors and research scholars; specialists; foreign medical graduates; international and government visitors; teachers; camp counselors; au pairs, and summer work / travel students.
M-1 / M-2
status classification is for students who intend to pursue a vocational, non-academic program in an established institution in the US, such as health care technicians, machinists and dental hygienists.
K-1 – Fiance’ or fiancee’ visas
if you wish to bring your foreign fiancee’ into the US to marry them, you must file for a K-1 visa on his or her behalf for their entry to the US. Children of the K-1 visa holder can also enter the US with a K-2 visa.

Go To Top

LGBT Immigration

IMMIGRATION AND MARRIAGE BENEFITS FOR SAME-SEX COUPLES.The Alvarez, Lescano & Lowell Law Group helps to keep families and loved ones together.

U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents are now able to sponsor their same-sex partners to obtain US citizenship or permanent residence.

Historically, the Defense of Marriage Act denied federal immigration benefits to same-sex couples, and Florida has denied marriage between same-sex couples. Now, the cities of Fort Lauderdale, Wilton Manors and Miami are attracting same-sex and same-sex bi-national couples from around the world to celebrate their newfound rights and privileges amongst our beautiful seascape. Same-sex couples can now marry, divorce and in many cases adopt children.

AND NOW .. gay and lesbian partners of U.S. citizens and permanent residents may now be sponsored for green cards in order to live in the U.S. permanently with their loved ones.